Honestly, this isn’t really a recipe…it is a really simple idea! When we want some frozen pizza, I like to improve upon it. Frozen pizzas sometimes don’t have enough cheese. Usually, frozen pizzas don’t have enough toppings. If I have time available, I like to jazz it up. This is often less expensive than ordering pizza and it’s convenient. I like to keep a couple of frozen pizzas in my freezer for an easy lunch when homeschooling or for a family movie night.
Jazzed Up Frozen Pizza with Pineapple
- Frozen pizza of your choice
- About 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can of pineapple slices, drained
- Add shredded cheddar cheese to your frozen pizza, or a cheese of your choice.
- Add sliced pineapple to the pizza (drain from a can first). Or use other fresh toppings of your choice (e.g., chop up an onion, green pepper, tomato, spinach, etc.).
- Put the pizza in the oven according to the directions on the pizza box.
- After the pizza is done cooking, if it is liquidy on top of the pizza, use a paper towel to briefly soak up the pineapple juice.
Want more details? Read on!
To jazz up our frozen pizza, I add more shredded cheese. I usually add shredded cheddar cheese, but mozzarella would be a traditional kind of cheese to add. When I make a gluten free pizza from Udi’s, there is a major lacking of cheese. Fortunately, it is easily corrected.
Then I add pineapple. Yes, pineapple. It is really good on pizza! I use a can of pineapple slices or crushed pineapple.
That’s it! If you have other ingredients on hand, you can add some freshly sliced onions, or chop some green or red pepper. Check your veggie drawer in your fridge and see what you can use up.
If you need to hide the veggies from your kids, then put cheese on top of them. They will still probably see them while eating, but at least it’s not as scary if there is melted cheese on top.
I hope you enjoy making your frozen pizzas a little more tasty by customizing them.